Friday, July 9, 2010

photo challenge | phriday

welcome to the very first post for photo challenge | phriday. 
questions yet? here goes...

every week I will exchange one sooc picture with one photographer 
& the other photographer will do the same with me.
we will each edit our own photo & each others photo. 
we will then post them here on fridays...for your viewing pleasure.

there are many reasons I chose to do this challenge.
i guess i will start with the negative part first..
it seems that anymore the photography market is becoming very saturated.
before you hate me, hear me out.
as a hard working, constantly learning, somewhat newbie to this industry..
i feel we all have to start somewhere. but that somewhere, starts with integrity & pride.
& well, i have recently experienced,
some people do not seem to value this as much as others.

on the positive side, i feel there is such a segregation between photographers. 
my negative rant probably doesn't seem to help to bridge this divide.
but there are some photographers out there that dont want to support each other.
they want to be "idolized" & cant spare a minute of their time for a fellow photographer..
quite frankly its shameful. 
there is SO much of that going on in the internet world. 
& it makes my heart hurt. we should want to support each other. 
& not be afraid to ask for help. & not be too proud to give it.

there is some INCREDIBLE talent out there. talent to be shared.
talent to be inspired by. talent to be admired. to be loved. 
integrity to be valued & breathed in. so refreshing.
i hope to see a community of photographers, working together.
sharing. loving. helping. inspiring. motivating.
you get the idea. it's not always ideal but its my hope.

so i feel that i shouldn't explain any further. 
just know that i support everyone's dream. 
so don't get the wrong idea from the beginning of the post. 
i want everyone to follow their passion. 
life is too short to live with regret.
really. please appreciate my honesty.
it comes from a well meaning place. 
i hope this becomes a fun weekly feature that many will enjoy.

so after ALOT of yapping. here it is. 
smile & enjoy.

amy mcfarland of {amy cloud} photography
is the photographer participating this week.
she is super talented & does amazing work.
she recently did my thirty | on thursday feature as well..
expect to see more of her. she is so fun to work with & has great ideas.

 
this first photo is the sooc [straight out of camera] image that amy took.


the image below is amy's image, edited by amy, herself.
 
the next image is my [sweet | three photography] sooc image.


this is amy's edit of the sweet | three image




the next 2 images are my edits of each of the sooc images. 



so there it is my friends. 
photo challenge | phriday. 
did you like it?
do you or someone you know want to participate?
please do! email me for details!
i hope many do! i may not even participate some weeks...
so we can really form that "community" i was talking about!

have a great weekend! 
xoxo♥



1 comments:

Amber July 9, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

I am so interested in doing this! Please let me know the info :) dearambelina13@hotmail.com

Thanks!

who's taking a [peek?]

my [daily] reads.

the [lady] behind the lens.

Im passionate. inspired. [driven.] and love to see people happy. I was first inspired by my [three] sweeties to pick up a camera. I am now hooked and want to show my little misses the beauty of chasing a dream & feeling alive.